Family law Dubuque Iowa
Custody and Visitation ◊ Child Support ◊ Alimony ◊ Property Division
At Fuerste, Carew, Juergens & Sudmeier, P.C., our attorneys have protected the rights of men and women in divorce and family law matters since 1965. We offer comprehensive counsel in a wide range of family law matters, taking a personal approach with our clients.
Contact our office online or call us toll free at 877-455-2249 to request a consultation and discuss your hopes and intentions with a knowledgeable Iowa family law attorney, such as:
Our Divorce Practice
We work closely with individuals at all stages of a divorce, from the initial filing through post-judgment requests for enforcement or modification of existing orders. We protect the rights of men and women in all matters related to or arising out of divorce, including:
- Division of marital property. We will help you equitably divide the debts and assets of your marriage, including real and personal property, retirement plans, investments and bank accounts, and business assets.
- Spousal support or alimony. We will help you establish whether alimony is appropriate and, if so, the frequency and duration of payments.
- Child support. We will review all proposed child support orders for compliance with state guidelines and to confirm that all relevant income is included in the calculation.
- Child custody and visitation. We will help you put custody and visitation agreements in place that are in the best interests of your minor children while protecting your rights as parents. We also handle cases involving grandparents' rights.
We provide these services for non-married couples as well, including same sex couples (legal in Iowa), as well as people who have rights under a common law marriage. We can also assist you with an annulment or a legal separation.
Other Family Law Matters
We provide sound counsel regarding a number of additional family law issues, such as:
- Adoption. We handle stepparent as well as private adoption proceedings, including adoptions for same-sex couples.
- Paternity. We will represent either party in a paternity action and will address any custody, visitation or support issues that may arise.
- Prenuptial agreements. We will help you put an agreement in place that protects your assets in the event of divorce or separation.
- Guardianships and conservatorships. We can help you get assigned to be the physical or financial caretaker for a loved one who lacks capacity to manage his or her own affairs.
- Domestic violence and no-contact orders. We will represent either party in domestic violence proceedings, including requests for restraining or no-contact orders.
Contact Fuerste, Carew, Juergens & Sudmeier, P.C.
Contact us online or call us toll-free at 877-455-2249 for a consultation. We are located at the intersection of 8th and Main, in downtown Dubuque, with amply metered and ramp parking nearby. Evening and weekend meetings can be scheduled upon request.