Criminal Defense Attorney DuPage County Illinois
The Law Offices of Vincent F. Cornelius is a general practice, with a focus in criminal and civil litigation. Prior to establishing the Law Office of Vincent F. Cornelius, Mr. Cornelius was an associate with the Law Firm of James D. Montgomery and Associates, the predecessor firm of Cochran and Montgomery in Chicago, Illinois where he practiced in the areas of criminal and civil litigation. Mr. Cornelius is also a former DuPage County Assistant State's Attorney. He was involved in the prosecution of felony, misdemeanor, DUI, juvenile, and domestic violence cases. He was evaluated a distinguished prosecutor.
Mr. Cornelius has extensive bench trial, jury trial, and administrative hearing experience. He has defended homicide, white collar, and other serious felony cases.He has also been involved in the settlement of multi-million dollar personal injury cases. He practices in DuPage, Cook, Will, Kane, Kendall, and other counties. Mr. Cornelius also has a Joliet office location.
Vincent received his Juris Doctorate degree from the Northern Illinois University College of Law in 1989. He received his B.B.A. in Business Administration in 1986 from the University of St. Francis where he was an Academic All American athlete.
Vincent F. Cornelius served as the President of the Illinois State Bar Association. He was the first African American to fill the presidential position. He has also been honored frequently within and outside of the legal community. Mr. Cornelius' participation in the legal community and the community at large has included the following:
- Past President, Illinois State Bar Association (2016-2017)
- Past President, Illinois Bar Foundation (2008-2010)
- Governor's Commission on Criminal Law Reform (2005-2012)
- Past Chancellor, Illinois Academy of Lawyers (2007)
- Board of Regents, Illinois Academy of Lawyers (2002-2007)
- Illinois Bar Foundation Board of Directors
- Gold Fellow, Illinois Bar Foundation
- Illinois State Bar Association Board of Governors