Auto Accident Attorney Houston Texas
It’s sad but true, if you drive a car on our streets and highways, sooner or later you are going to get into an accident. No matter how careful you are when you drive, there will always be someone else who is not paying attention or other unforeseen circumstances that will cause that terrible crash or pile-up. This is especially true if you drive regularly in Houston or one of the other major metropolitan areas of Texas.
If you’ve already been through this before in your life, you know there is a LOT to worry about after that crash! The first and most important concern is the health and safety of those involved in the crash and the other drivers on the road. Take care of your injuries, first and foremost. But what about hours later or the next day? A car accident is a complex situation, and you have many legal rights and responsibilities. This is where an experienced car accident attorney like Stewart Guss can make a big difference.
Why Choose Attorney Stewart J. Guss?
Traffic accidents can be complex, especially when multiple vehicles are involved. These situations can be upsetting, complicated, stressful and expensive – that is why you need an attorney who is compassionate, honest, experienced and has strength of character. Attorney Guss will make this whole process as pain free as possible and ensure you get the best result for you and your loved ones.
They Will Try to Deny Your Claim! Dealing with insurance company can be a nightmare. Sometimes it seems like they think their job is to DENY a car accident claim, NOT TO PAY! You need a strong yet approachable advocate on your side and above all else do not sign anything until you speak with us because you risk losing some or all of the compensation that is due to you.
Auto Collision Statistics
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration calculates that 2.3 million people  were injured nationwide in automobile accidents in 2013. The Texas Department of Transportation provides:
With this many Texas auto collisions, it is likely that you or someone you love will be involved in an unfortunate crash. During stressful times like this, it is difficult to remember what steps to take immediately after a crash occurs or to know where to begin to receive compensation for your damages and injuries.
Steps to Take After a Houston Auto Collision
- Safety: After an automobile crash, your vehicle may be damaged or even in the path of traffic. If the collision was relatively minor and the cars are moveable, consider driving your vehicle over to a safe location on the side of the road. If you or anyone at the scene was injured, or if it would be dangerous to move your car, then exit the vehicle as quickly as possible and move to a safe location on the side of the road that is a safe distance away from the accident scene.
- Police: Be sure to call the police for assistance. Even in minor traffic incidents, the police can help to redirect traffic, if necessary, and to prepare accident reports. Depending upon the extent of any injuries, it may also be necessary to request medical attention.
- Exchange Information: Exchange your name and insurance information with any other drivers involved in the collision. You will also want the license plate numbers of any other vehicles. It is not necessary for you to provide any further personal information regarding your home address or your injuries.
- Photos. If you are safely able to do so, try and take pictures of the individual cars as well as one of the entire scene. Photographs of the damage caused to your vehicle as well as any road debris may be helpful to prove your claims for damage.
- Make Calls: After you have received any needed medical treatment, it is important to contact your own insurance company and to provide them with all of the details regarding the collision.
Common Houston Auto Collision Injuries
Auto collisions can cause injury to almost every party of the body depending upon the type of crash and the severity of the impact including:
Head: Eye injuries, partial vision loss, concussion, facial or jaw fractures and dental injuries
Neck and Back: Whiplash, strained muscles, and disk injuries
Abdominal: Hip fractures and injuries to abdominal organs including the liver, spleen and kidneys
Leg and Knee: Bruises, fractures, and meniscus tears
Feet: Ankles, feet, and toes can be strained, sprained or broken
Because there are so many different types of injuries that you can suffer a result of a Houston automobile collision, it is important to be examined by a medical professional as soon as possible so that they can diagnose the type and extent of any injuries or to confirm that no injuries occurred. Even if you do not believe that you are injured, it is still a good practice to visit a doctor or other qualified medical professional.